Saturday, December 4, 2010

San Diego

After an unsuccessful attempt to locate my long lost relative in El Cajon, I took a ride out to Coronado for a look see...
It was overcast but good riding conditions:


Nice little ride up and down the coast almost to Mexico. Turned north for the San Diego Zoo but missed an exit and found myself in Little Italy, San Diego.
Who knew there was such a place here. Top that with a food festival going full tilt...


Got to sample all sorts of specialty foods and fruits while listening to a very seductive live version of "Santa Baby" played by a street band.
Needed to feed the meter and transfer a contact on my phone when Rob noticed the license plate and started asking questions. He is an avid rider and owns a few bikes back in Indiana where he has a trucking company.
He invited me to join him and his wife Melissa for lunch in...guess...an Italian restaurant in Little Italy.


They bought me lunch and we went to the zoo together. I really appreciated the company at the zoo and Melissa did a great job navigating the zoo with the map.


Rob, being from Indiana, was interested in the Moonshine story and will likely be found eating a Moonburger there in April.
He also mentioned his scheduled motorcycle tour in Costa Rica in early March and invited me to join him there. This may work into my schedule nicely.
All in all, a full day and two new friends. I am a happy camper.
All the pics here;
  [URL="http://picasaweb.google.com/Digiamo/20101204#"]http://picasaweb.google.com/Digiamo/20101204#[/URL]

Hope all is well...

No comments:

Post a Comment